Wireframing in web design



*(1.)
What is wireframing in web design?
As I see it, wireframing is just the "modern sketching".
When you plan how your website will look like, you simply wonder about all the possible ways of presenting the content. Sometimes it can be hard to imagine and remember all the ideas in your head, therefore as we live in highly digitized society on the market appeared several tools to do such imagination plan of the future website. The example can be Balsamiq tool, that I used, as above.
First slide presents the "home site" look of the photography website, that I find easy approachable.
The second example is already presentation on the tab of photos.
The third one is the phone look of the same website (one picture on the whole page).
I didn't know about such tools when I was creating my first photo-website, so I was describing everything by words in the notepad, or just drawing.
Now I can see some advantages of the tool, as it gives also some suggestions about the content and lining.

Here are the benefits of wireframing:
- Instigation of Layout and Structure
- Focusing on User Experience
- Clarifying Features
- Saving Time *(1.)

Next time when I'll be creating another website, I may use the suggestions from Balsamiq or from the other tool.

Bibliography:
1. https://balsamiq.cloud/sb3a9re/pos0a7g/r2278
2. https://medium.com/@techindustan/what-are-wireframes-in-website-design-accurate-fa0cee40d2d8

Comments

  1. It's the first time I'm using this tool as well, Martha!! It seems very helpful for those who want to develop a website design without designer skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Great explanation of it Marta!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Applying PR Smith's SOSTAC Marketing Model to an Online Confectionery Start-Up

Inbound & Outbound channels